Description and characterization of the drug
Tamoxifen is an indispensable assistant for athletes taking anabolic steroids prone to aromatisation. Aromatisation is the process by which male hormones are converted into female hormones and cause various side effects in a man. Tamoxifen prevents this problem by making the body insensitive to oestrogen. Tamoxifen 20 mg PRIME is used in different ways, both as part of post-cycle therapy and in the cycle itself, depending on the drugs taken.
The main positive properties of tamoxifen 20 mg
Tamoxifen binds to oestrogen-responsive receptors. These receptors are found in the pituitary gland and elsewhere. This property makes it possible to:
- prevent gynecomastia;
- prevent bloating;
- eliminate the side effects of excess oestrogen;
- restore its own testosterone production.
In addition, this drug prevents the accumulation of fluid in the tissues and reduces cholesterol levels. It is recommended for use by anyone taking prolonged courses of steroids.
Possible side effects
The tablets have a fairly high toxicity. If you use the wrong dosage, you may experience:
- loss of appetite;
- digestive disorders.
In addition, long-term use of tamoxifen increases the risk of blood clots.
This medicine should not be combined with medicines with a progestin effect. For example, with Nandrolone or Trenbolone. Tamoxifen increases the amount of progesterone receptors and unwanted side effects may develop when taking these steroids.
In addition, tamoxifen itself may inhibit testicular function, slow muscle growth, and cause vision problems at high doses.
Before using the product, consult a sports physician. You should rule out contraindications and know exactly what steroids you have been using to know whether tamoxifen is right for you or not.
Dosage and dosage rules
Tamoxifen 20 mg should be added during the course of the steroid. This is usually done during the last week of the steroid cycle. The drug is the main drug in post cycle therapy. Take it for about 2 weeks after using the last dose of steroids.
The drug is taken once a day, in a dose of 10-20 mg, depending on individual characteristics.
If the course consisted of non-aromatising steroids, you do not need to use this medicine. In this case, the post-course therapy will consist of other means.
List of references
- Jordan, V. C. (2003). Tamoxifen: a most unlikely pioneering medicine. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2(3), 205-213.
- Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group. (1998). Tamoxifen for early breast cancer: an overview of the randomised trials. The Lancet, 351(9114), 1451-1467.
- Cuzick, J., Sestak, I., Cella, D., Fallowfield, L., & ATAC/LATTE investigators. (2010). Treatment-emergent endocrine symptoms and the risk of breast cancer recurrence: a retrospective analysis of the ATAC trial. The Lancet Oncology, 11(8), 717-728.
- Goss, P. E., Ingle, J. N., Pritchard, K. I., Robert, N. J., Muss, H. B., Gralow, J., … & Gelmon, K. A. (2016). Extending aromatase-inhibitor adjuvant therapy to 10 years. New England Journal of Medicine, 375(3), 209-219.
- Howell, A., Cuzick, J., Baum, M., Buzdar, A., Dowsett, M., Forbes, J. F., … & Veronesi, U. (2005). Results of the ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen, Alone or in Combination) trial after completion of 5 years’ adjuvant treatment for breast cancer. The Lancet, 365(9453), 60-62.