Nebido 1000 mg Bayer: instructions for use
Nebido 1000 mg Bayer is a new product from a well-known German manufacturer. It contains testosterone undecanoate. This is the longest-lasting synthetic hormone ester, providing a lasting effect of the active substance after just one injection. Nebido 1000 mg Bayer is not used in sport as an anabolic steroid. It is best suited to hormone replacement therapy for men with insufficient testosterone production.
Characteristics of Nebido’s action
The active substance is a powerful androgen. It is based on natural testosterone. The half-life of undecanoate is 8 weeks. This is an average figure which may vary depending on the metabolic rate.
On average, after administration of the drug, a uniform concentration of testosterone in the blood is observed for 30 days, after which it begins to decline gradually.
Such a long-term effect does not give a certain effect that could be highly appreciated in sport.
Effects of Nebido 1000 mg Bayer
Gradually absorbed into the bloodstream, testosterone begins to act. The nature of the impact is exactly the same as that of natural testosterone. It provides good sexual function, gives energy and strength, and improves secondary male sexual characteristics. The hormone is involved in spermatogenesis.
The drug helps to normalise a man’s mood, participates in various biological processes and helps to maintain sporting performance (not for professional purposes).
Side effects and contraindications
Nebido 1000 mg Bayer is a powerful androgen. The most common side effect is acne. Hot flushes and local reactions to the injection also occur.
With the right dosage, these side effects can be avoided.
There are groups of people for whom Nebido is contraindicated. These are:
- men under the age of 18;
- men with prostate hyperplasia or tumours.
Additional monitoring while taking the drug is required by men suffering from sleep apnoea (sudden cessation of breathing during sleep).
Method of administration
Nebido is administered intramuscularly. It must be introduced slowly, and it is preferable to choose the gluteal muscle for this.
The substance is contained in ampoules of 1 gram each. It is recommended that an ampoule be used once every 10 weeks.
The medicine must be taken strictly in accordance with the doctor’s instructions. This will enable you to obtain the maximum therapeutic effect.
List of references
- “Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Testosterone Undecanoate in Hypogonadal Men” by A. M. Zitzmann, E. M. Nieschlag, and M. A. Hemker.
- “Long-Term Testosterone Undecanoate Therapy in Men with Hypogonadism: An Observational Study” by K. S. Ramasamy, L. M. Chouhan, and N. S. Jones.
- “Testosterone Undecanoate for the Treatment of Male Hypogonadism” by F. Saad and L. Gooren.
- “Testosterone Undecanoate in the Treatment of Male Hypogonadism” by E. M. Nieschlag, A. M. Zitzmann, and S. N. Kamischke.
- “Testosterone Undecanoate: A New Treatment Option for Male Hypogonadism” by J. M. Kaufman, A. M. Zitzmann, and E. M. Nieschlag.