Features and description of Clomid 50 mg Prime
Many anabolic steroids used as performance enhancers are prone to aromatisation. This is the process by which the male sex hormone, under the influence of the enzyme aromatase, is converted into oestrogen. For the male body, this is fraught with unpleasant consequences: gynecomastia, accumulation of female-type fat and others.
To deal with this problem, anti-estrogens are used. Clomid 50 mg Prime belongs to this group of drugs. It should be used strictly as directed.
How Clomid 50 mg Prime affects the body
Clomid comes in tablet form. Once in the body, it is absorbed into the blood through the gastrointestinal tract. In the pituitary, the active ingredient binds to oestrogen receptors. Therefore, its negative effect is reduced. In response, the hormones FSH and LH, which are necessary for testosterone production in the testes, begin to be produced. This is how the hormonal system works.
The main properties of Clomid 50 mg Prime:
- supports natural testosterone production;
- eliminates the side effects of excess oestrogen;
- prevents the development of gynecomastia and other pathologies.
For men who use aromatizable steroids, this is a must-have drug. If you do not use it, after the course of the steroid, libido will decrease, erection problems will begin, and hormone-dependent organ diseases will start to develop.
Unfortunately, the drug also has side effects. You should take them very carefully, because if taken without thinking, such problems can arise:
- suppression of testicular function;
- an increase in the level of globulin, which binds to sex hormones and prevents them from having the desired effect;
- blurred vision;
- a drop in testosterone levels.
Not all people are sensitive to this anti-oestrogen so positive effects may not be seen. Before taking it, you should consult with your doctor and find out if you have any contraindications and exactly how to take the remedy.
Characteristics of use
Clomid 50 mg Prime is prescribed as part of post-cycle therapy. It usually starts a few days (or weeks, depending on the steroid taken) after the last steroid dose. The dose is determined on an individual basis. Initially it is usually 50 mg, then reduced to 25 mg.
The duration of PCT depends on many factors: what steroids have been used, for how long, what tests the athlete has, whether there will be a new course of steroids, etc. Therefore, there are no universal recommendations, you should consult a specialist.
List of references
- Legro RS, Barnhart HX, Schlaff WD, et al. Clomiphene, Metformin, or Both for Infertility in the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2007;356(6):551-566. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa063971
- Diamond MP, Legro RS, Coutifaris C, et al. Letrozole, Gonadotropin, or Clomiphene for Unexplained Infertility. N Engl J Med. 2015;373(13):1230-1240. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1414827
- Guay AT, Jacobson J, Perez JB, Hodge MB, Velasquez E. Clomiphene increases free testosterone levels in men with both secondary hypogonadism and erectile dysfunction: who does and does not benefit?. Int J Impot Res. 2003;15(3):156-165. doi:10.1038/sj.ijir.3900949
- Badawy A, Elnashar A. Treatment options for polycystic ovary syndrome. Int J Womens Health. 2011;3:25-35. doi:10.2147/IJWH.S11302
- Wang R, Kim BV, van Wely M, et al. Treatment strategies for women with WHO group II anovulation: systematic review and network meta-analysis. BMJ. 2017;356:j138. doi:10.1136/bmj.j138